Longleaf Trace Trail
Longleaf Trace Trail is Mississippi’s finest. How do we love thee oh great southern rail trail? Let us count the ways:
- It is a great trail side trip from New Orleans.
- It is also near the Tammany Trace trail just south of New Orleans.
- Because it is a paved trail with negligible hills, it is perfect for the entire gamut of personal transportation vehicles including recumbents, Trikkes, Elliptigos, inline skates, Street Striders, & more.
- For the same reason, it is the perfect trail for children, recreational bicyclists, commuters, seniors, etc.
- Due to its southern location, it makes a nice destination trail during the fall, winter & spring.
- It has an abundance of southern charm & makes a great southern travel destination.
- It is a botanists dream with labels for most of the trees including ones w/ unique names like loblolly Pine and Sugar Magnolia.
- The trail length is perfect for a two day ride starting in Hattiesburg, MS, traveling to Prentiss, MS; stay overnight in Prentiss then ride back to Hattiesburg.
- Rent a recumbent at the Gateway at Southern Miss bike rental center that just happens to be located right at the trailhead.
- Enjoy a southern immersion tour starting in the college town of Hattiesburg and traveling through quaint southern towns like Sumerall, Carson, Bassfield, & Prentiss.
Use(s): biking, cruiser, dog walking, Elliptigo, hiking, horseback riding, inline skating, mountain biking, recumbent, road biking, trail running, Trikking
Length Range: 40 - 50 miles